Creating a low impact lifestyle
Creating a low impact lifestyle is easier than you think.
Here is an introduction to sustainable living, with 6 simple ways to lower our ecological footprint through daily actions and habits.
There’s a freebie Sustainable Living Checklist download at the end of this post.
A Sustainable Home
- Use refillable containers for soap, spices, grains, coffee, and other products you can buy in bulk or without packaging.
Biodegradable bags will decompose fully in a few months rather than hundreds of years.
- Steadily replace your regular bin bags and doggy poop bags with a bio-degradable alternate.
I recently discovered a range of ethical bio-degradable bags from Flora and Fauna right here in Australia.
Solid Soap Bars
It seems that solid soap bars have made a comeback thanks to the plastic-free movement.
Natural soap bars use much less packaging to store, and less water to produce.
- Look at swapping from liquid soap to solid soap bars to reduce your environmental impact.
Eliminate your use of single-use plastic.
- Bring your own coffee cup to reduce the use of takeaway cups. (We can’t do this at the moment with Covid but hopefully again soon)
- Say no to plastic straws.
- If you buy take-out on a regular basis, bring your own cutlery to reduce plastic waste.
- Reduce cling wrap where you can with re-usable containers, and reusable food wraps.
Eco-friendly Cleaning & Makeup Product
- Aim to replace chemical countertops, windows, and other surface cleaners with an organic alternative.
- When your current makeup runs out replace it with organic options that are good for your skin and the planet.
- Replace your sunscreen with reef sunscreen that’s free from harmful chemicals and is kind to our planet.
Reduce food waste at home
- Compost your food waste instead of throwing it away (food scraps can’t fully decompose in landfills)
- Replace pre-packaged snacks like chips with less wasteful alternatives (oven-roasted chickpeas and stovetop popcorn are great for salt lovers)
- Cook more meals at home using fresh, seasonal ingredients, and get creative to use up leftovers.
Get your free starter sustainability checklist for living a more eco-friendly life.
WANT INSTANT STAR POWER?
Download the free 6 page guide to Instagram Stardom