Deciding what to pack for a summer getaway is easier than you think. You just require some basic essentials, key pieces, some clever packing skills. And an Ultimate vacation packing guide and checklist to make you’re packing a breeze.
Summer vacation packing list
You can download the Ultimate Summer getaway packing checklist here.
1. Choose your bag– a tote bag- a beach bag -backpack. I like to pack a soft beach bag and a soft backpack, they take up no space in my luggage.
The backpack is ideal for adventure trips and my beach bag works as a general day bag.
2. Sun Hat. Protect your precious skin. Pack a couple of your favorite soft hats and a beach hat. I’m in love with this straw hat by Lack of Color, it’s an Australian label that produces a range of high quality and simply beautiful hats. View here
3. Sunglasses – Pack at least 2 pairs of sunglasses- I always take my everyday favourites plus a colorful pair for a fun summer vibe.
4. A lightweight beach towel– this might just be the most beautiful beach towel on the planet. It’s hand-painted in my favorite beach town, St. Tropez.
Sand won’t stick to it, it rolls up to the size of a drink bottle, moonlights as a shawl, sarong, and even privacy screen. (My friend Cam and her St.Tropez towel, available in Australia)
5. Sunscreen– Natural sunscreen provides great protection that is kind to our bodies and our oceans too. We Are Feel Good Inc. is an Australian company making waves around the globe with its awesome natural sunscreen. Check out here.
6. Lip balm– A protective SPF 50 lip balm is essential to protect your lips and keep them moist. Look for a high SPF like Mecca’s superscreen protective lip balm.
7. Wet Bags– A bag to throw your wet stuff in. A must-have on any vacation. A plastic bag will do the trick but why not spoil yourself with a Wander Wet Bag? The designs are divine and they’re eco-friendly.
Use them for a sand-proof bag for storing your phone then later, pack your wet bikini inside to avoid soaking your other items.
summer wardrobe essentials
8. Shorts. These are my go anywhere basics. I pack 2 pairs of denim shorts, a tailored high waisted pair for day outings, and evening dressing with a bodysuit.
9. Tops that work with your shorts and skirts. I always bring a basic crop top for mixing and matching with different items to create versatile outfits.
10. A Playsuit– I’m a huge fan of the playsuit. They’re chic, comfortable and you don’t have to think about what to wear it with. Just throw on your sandals and hat. Add a scarf for Riviera style.
11. Pants or Culottes -A pair of fabric pants or culottes are perfect for pairing with a matching top or bikini top, Denim, or bright prints for a tropical destination.
12. Maxi skirt– Perfect with a crop top, bodysuit, or a bikini top for an easy, put-together outfit.
13. Pack your 2 most loved mini-skirts, they can go straight from the beach to the bar.
14. Midi dress– I love a midi dress, they’re short enough to wear barefoot and long enough to feel glamorous for a stylish event.
15. A scarf + sarong. I wear my scarves as sarongs and tops. A sarong is a must-have beach cover-up and you can wear it as a dress, a skirt, shawl, or roll it up and use it as a head cushion at the beach.
16. Bikinis- If it’s a 7-day vacation, pack a bikini for every day with varying coverage and styles.
Don’t forget to have some fun with tropical prints and block colors. This sparkle pink bikini is by Camilla.
17. Footwear- Keep it simple. A neutral pair of Wedges that can go from day to evening. Day sandals. Flip flops and reef shoes.
18. Tech- Iphone + portable Iphone charger + universal plug +laptop +cables.
19. Toiletries bag.
Leave a Reply